How do I create a Workplace group from an email distribution list?
This article is only applicable to users of Workplace Essential and Workplace Advanced. You must be an admin logged into Workplace from your computer to create a group from an email distribution list. You can only import Microsoft and G Suite email groups at this time.
You can create up to 500 Workplace groups based on your Microsoft and G Suite email groups. To create a group from an email distribution list:
- From your Admin Panel, click Groups > Create multiple groups Create groups from email list.
- Click Get Started.
- Pick an account then select the distribution list or lists you'd like to create a group or groups from.
- Click Continue with [number of] groups.
- Change the admins of the group by changing the admins of your Microsoft or G Suite email group. You'll be able to add new admins or moderators inside the group on Workplace.
- Click Done.
- Edit the settings for your group or groups then click Continue with [number of] groups.
- Click Create Groups.
Note: Any changes you make to Workplace groups won't apply to your corresponding Microsoft or G Suite email groups. However, adding people to your Microsoft or G Suite email groups will automatically add them to the corresponding Workplace groups. Removing people from your Microsoft or G Suite email groups won't remove them from the corresponding Workplace groups.